Technician/Researcher Molecular Biology (full-time)
Application deadline: TBD
Start date: TBD
Vacancy number: ATR-0003
Amylon Therapeutics is a platform biopharmaceutical company, based in Cambridge, MA and the Netherlands, that uses RNA Modulation Technology to target orphan disorders of the Central Nervous System (CNS). RNA Modulation Technology prevents or alters toxic protein formation by targeting splicing of the pre-mRNA. Amylon is led by founder, Thomas de Vlaam, complemented by a scientific board of experienced scientists and biotech veterans. As a spin-off from the publicly-traded ProQR Therapeutics, Amylon enjoys a wealth of knowledge and experience through its shareholders and network.
At Amylon, we work in a team of highly committed individuals who tackle complicated issues by collaboration, knowing that the patient’s need is pressing. We are a young startup organization wherein flexibility and independence are highly valued. Our impatience to help patients motivates us day in and day out to deliver at the highest level.
We have a vacancy for an exceptional and motivated technician/researcher to join our team to make the difference in achieving our mission. If you enjoy being a part of a professional, ambitious and high performing startup, we encourage you to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities
The candidate will be tasked with performing a wide range of complex procedures involving nucleic acid and protein analyses from cells, animal tissues and primary clinical material. Essential technical expertise includes, but is not limited to:
- Maintaining bacterial and mammalian cells in culture
- Transient and stable transfection and expression analysis
- Primary neuronal culture from mouse brain
- Experience with human iPSC neuronal cultures is desirable
- Isolation and analysis of DNA, RNA, and proteins from various cell and tissue sources
- Protein analysis using immunochemistry, immunofluorescence and ELISA
- Nucleic acid analysis by PCR and quantitative real time PCR
- Molecular cloning and DNA sequence analysis
- Thorough laboratory notebook tracking and record keeping
The candidate is expected to conduct research independently under the guidance of the project lead. This expectation entails planning, performing and accurately documenting experiments; critically analyzing, interpreting and presenting data; and preparation of manuscripts, abstracts, and/or posters. Furthermore, the candidate will develop new methods and protocols in cooperation with the project lead.
In addition to the essential techniques described, the successful candidate:
- Will prepare various media, stock supplies, and other reagents for use in the laboratory
- Will collaborate with researchers from external organizations
- Will ensure upkeep and routine maintenance of equipment
- Will order and maintain laboratory supplies
- A Bsc. or Msc. degree in Biology or Biochemistry, with at least 3 years laboratory working experience in molecular biology.
- Thorough training in laboratory techniques such as tissue culture, DNA, RNA, and protein isolation, purification, and analysis, DNA sequencing, gene cloning.
- Familiarity with software and computer applications needed for data analysis and presentation (Excel, Power Point, GraphPad, Vector NTI, Snap Gene, etc.).
- Analytical skills to interpret data, trouble shoot experiments and develop new protocols.
- Flexible work attitude to thrive within a fast paced and rapidly evolving startup biotech culture. Creative thinker, can-do mentality, autonomous and coachable.
- Knowledge of spoken and written English.
We offer an exciting and innovative working environment within a very committed start-up organization, great colleagues, a competitive salary and a lot of fun. To apply, please send your application (CV, motivation, and names of potential referees) to: email@example.com mentioning the vacancy number ATR-0003.